A dental crown is a "cap" that is placed over a tooth to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance.
A crown might be needed...
- to protect a decayed tooth from more damage.
- to restore an already broken tooth.
- to hold a dental bridge in place.
- to cover a severely discolored tooth.
The crown procedure at Tulsa Hills Dental Care in Tulsa is relatively simple.
First, we anesthetize the problem tooth area. Once completely numb, the tooth is shaped so that the crown will fit correctly. We then take an impression of the tooth to use in the construction of the crown. The impressions are sent to our dental laboratory to create your crown. Meanwhile, we apply a sturdy temporary crown over the problem tooth. Once your custom crown is ready, you'll come back to Tulsa Hills Dental Care and the crown will be delivered.
Crowns offer several benefits:
- Long term durability
- Protection from further decay, infection, and cracking
- Improved chewing and talking
- An improved, natural, and healthier smile
Call us today at 918-794-0070 to schedule an appointment.
If you suffer a cracked or broken tooth, your dentist is likely to recommend a crown, a custom-fitted cap, to cover it and restore the tooth's shape, strength and appearance. Traditional crowns, when cemented into place, fully encase the entire visible portion of a tooth that lies at and above the gum line.Read more about Traditional Crowns